Thursday 28 January 2010

Things are never easy

Hello again , Over the past few days i have had some highs and lows with the production of my reactable,

firstly i had managed to get reactivision sending Midi which enabled me to successfully have reason 4 linked up with it. this gave me great joy in being able to have fiducials on screen and triggering samples from within reason , it also enabled me to control the mixing desk and effect knobs etc.

I have also been having to really think about how i am going to produce visuals to go along with the sounds. my only option i think is to use flash.... but to use flash i would have to have reactivision sending TUIO signals to Max/msp and then link into flash that way . so today i have been messing about trying to create this much needed link . Iv found it such a hard thing to do due to not having worked with this kind of stuff before.

Im please to say i have reactivision sending TUIO and Max/msp is receiving it! this also creates a problem of how will i get the sounds to trigger as they were being picked up with midi instead of TUIO. hmmm its a hard one and i will need to do alot of thinking and playing around in order to work it out..

I shall report back on this soon...... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment